Senior Full Stack Developer
Alliance Disposal is on a mission to eliminate waste. Using our partnered hauler network, proprietary technology, and innovative new approaches to waste management we are diverting waste from landfills and into upcycle systems. We are also reducing emissions in the process. Our platforms are not only designed for environmental sustainability, we pride ourselves on creating customer centric interfaces that are simple to use and incorporate modern design practices.
Alliance Disposal is hiring for a Senior Full Stack Developer to help build modern platforms transforming the waste and recycling industry. We are a fast paced startup and as the Senior Full Stack Developer you will be working closely with the founders and a small team with extensive experience in the industry and front end development.
You will be the lead developer and work side-by-side with the founders on a daily basis. This is an exciting ground floor opportunity, and our ideal candidate MUST have an entrepreneurial spirit and share our passion for building.
What You’ll Do
- Front end development, creating new features and improving and maintaining existing ones
- Be responsible for DevOps infrastructure
- Build out our next generation of partner, customer and internal platforms
- Craft a modern user experience for various user stakeholders
- Drive new features from end-to-end through prototyping, validation, implementation, launch, and continuous iteration.
- Participate in scoping work, estimation and project planning
- Define quality controls and plan beta testing strategy
- Improve logging, monitoring and alerting
- Improve engineering practices, documentation
- Work closely with product stakeholders to help define requirements/specifications
- Keep track of industry trends in the Front End and DevOps space and suggest/implement new tools and processes
- Guide technical vendor discussions and third-party provider solution decisions
What We’re Seeking
- 4+ years programming experience
- Have worked on a team of software developers
- React, React Native, Node.js, GatsbyJS, Webpack
- SQL and NoSQL database design
- An entrepreneurial mindset - we’re an early stage startup so we’re not just looking for someone to run a playbook - we want you to help build it
- Exceptional de-bugging skills Effective communicator and team player
- Experience with Jira and creating Agile workflows
- Experience with unit and integration testing
- Experience with AWS: Lambda, CloudWatch, IAM, Cognito, API Gateway, S3
- Proven ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Willingness to lead application development from ideation to product market launch
- Capacity to operate under tight deadlines with limited guidance
You Are The Right Fit If You
- Want to make a huge impact on a new platform and environmental sustainability
- Have extensive experience with modern web development and are interested in working across the stack
- Are comfortable around infrastructure
- Are passionate about writing high quality code and building new products
- Can maintain a fast pace of work while keeping builds relatively stable
- Are a great influencer with superb communication skills, you love sharing your knowledge with others and helping them grow
- Are well organized and maintain good documentation
- Take pride in ownership and driving projects to completion
- Are able to freely speak your honest opinion no matter who it is to
- Function well independently with minimal oversight, but also well in a team environment
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited PTO
- Health benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Vibrant, fun, and growing culture!
Are You the Right Person for the Job?
To apply please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of Senior Full Stack Developer Application.